Monday, June 29, 2009

Outerbanks Excitment!

So, I found out this week that I will be able to make the treck with my family to the outerbanks this year. I cannot even begin to describe how flipping excited that makes me. Honestly I think its one of my favorite places, and that says a lot. I don't know, however, if it is the place, or if it is what God taught me there. Either way it holds fond memories. So I thought i would share some of my favorite pictures from the trip. Know that these are copyrighted by Jesselynn Photography.


Ok so imagine this...
You are innocently walking along the beach so you can view a beautiful sunrise. When you realize that along with the sun, these little creatures rise too. Now for anyone who knows me you know that I am petrified of crabs. Seriously they terrify me. I think the backstory of this may have to do with the fact that crabs were one method of torture from my brother when we were at the beach as children. So here Allison and I are walking innocently on the beach at 6:00 am. We are oohing and awwing over the magnificent light show, when we start to hear scuttling, digusting nasty little scuttling. So we look around and to our horror (please at this point reference the picture above) we see these little cretins, thousands of them and I so wish I was kidding! Our reaction: scream bloody murder and dance in one place. We finally gathered our wits and threw sand until we had this little boundary that the crabs wouldn't cross out of fear of being pummeled with tiny projectiles. Needless to say we made it out of there alive, but it was a close call. :) Now just imagine how you would react if a thousand little creatures with pinchers rushed you in a battle formation!

1 comment: